WES WATKINS TECHNOLOGY CENTER DISTRICT 25
Regular Meeting for the Board of Education
Thursday, June 8, 2017, 7:30 a.m.
Boardroom – Building 100
7892 Highway 9,
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Introduction of guests.
4. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove the following:
A. Agenda as part of the minutes;
B. Minutes of regular meeting held May 11, 2017.
5. Staff Reports and discussion.
6. Financial Reports.
7. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove insurance proposals as presented.
8. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove adopting the School Days to Hours Policy to determine the length of the 2017-2018 school year.
9. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove 2017-2018 Cooperative Math and Science Agreement, Open Enrollment Agreement for Sophomores, and Credit Recovery Courses Agreement with Partner Schools.
10. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove Construction Management Services Contract Agreement between WWTC and MacHill Construction Management, LLC, for Canopy Project.
11. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove establishing a campus public safety department, pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Campus Security Act, employ and commission campus public safety resource officer.
12. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove the following for FY18:
A. Application for Temporary Appropriations;
B. Mabrey Bank as depository bank;
C. Wade Walling as Purchasing Agent;
D. Wade Walling as Authorized Representative for E-Rate program;
E. Robin Hinkley as Minutes Clerk, Activity Fund Custodian, and Deputy Encumbrance Clerk;
F. Kala Miller as Encumbrance Clerk, Deputy Minutes Clerk, Deputy Clerk of Board, and Deputy Activity Fund Custodian;
G. Steve Killmer as Treasurer and Kelli Ogle as Deputy Treasurer;
H. Steve Killmer, Linda Sanford, and Merida Tomb as Title IX Sexual Harassment Officers;
I. Steve Killmer as American Disabilities Act Coordinator, Title VI and VII Civil Rights Coordinator and Title VI Racial Harassment Officer.
J. Merida Tomb as Title IX Section 504 Compliance Officer;
K. Steve Killmer as Designated Person (DP) to oversee asbestos-related activities in the school and ensure that the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) responsibilities for the Local Education Agencies (LEA) are met;
L. Wade Walling, Kala Miller, Linda Sanford, Steve Killmer, Steve Koger, Kevin Winn, and Dana Chandler as evaluators.
M. Rosenstein, Fist and Ringold as legal counsel;
N. Drug and alcohol testing contract with MidWest Drug Tests, LLC;
O. Peixotto Agency as Insurance Agent of Record;
P. Kellogg and Sovereign Consulting, LLC as E-Rate Consulting Service;
Q. Software License and Support Agreement with ADPC;
R. Activity Fund sub-accounts;
S. Granting Superintendent authority to deal with the government of the United States; such authority to include, but not be limited to, making application for grants, receiving any money received by the District therefrom and dispersing said money in a proper and legal manner.
13. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove employment of the following for school year 2017-2018:
A. Sandy Fields as Communication and Marketing Officer/Career Advisor (August 1 - August 31, 2017);
B. Tina Harjo as Financial Aid Officer (11˝ months);
C. Steve Koger as Network Manager (11˝ months);
D. Cindy Cross, Joyce Rogers, Steven Whitehouse, April Covington, and Robin Hinkley as Administrative Assistants (11˝ months);
E. Crystal Orr as Student Records Clerk (11˝ months);
F. Kevin Winn as Maintenance/Custodial Supervisor (11˝ months);
G. Joe Cluck as Maintenance/Custodial Support Staff (11˝ months);
H. Robert Brauer and Thaddeus Grzymala as Bus Driver/Maintenance/Custodial Support Staff (11˝ months);
I. Sherry Brauer as Bus Driver/Custodial Support Staff (11˝ months);
J. Roger Hennen and Roy Rogers as part-time Bus Driver/Maintenance (hourly);
K. Karla Smith as Assessment Coordinator (11˝ months);
L. Allen Smith as Network Manager Assistant (11˝ months);
M. Cheryl Strech as Instructor Assistant (10 months);
14. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove resignation of Diana Bowen as Business Information Technology Instructor.
15. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove the following extra duty contract:
A. Bobbie Sue Joslin to attend National HOSA Conference in Orlando, Florida, June 20-24, 2017, $500.
16. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove declaring equipment presented as surplus and giving Superintendent authority to dispose of in an economical manner.
17. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove Encumbrances and Change Orders as presented.
18. Superintendent’s Update and discussion.
19. New Business.
20. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove resignation of Bob Nelson from his position as Zone 2 board member.
21. Vote to Adjourn.
This agenda was posted by Robin Hinkley, Minutes Clerk, by 5:00 p.m. on the 6th day of June, 2017, at the campus entrance, the south entrance and west entrance of Building 100, 7892 Highway 9, Wetumka, Oklahoma, and notice of this meeting was given to the Hughes County Clerk prior to December 15th of the last calendar year.
Robert W. Walling, Superintendent
NOTICE OF ASSISTANCE AT PUBLIC MEETINGS
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are required to contact Steve Killmer at 405-452-5500 so that appropriate arrangements can be made.