WES WATKINS TECHNOLOGY CENTER DISTRICT 25
Special Meeting for the Board of Education
Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 7:30 a.m.
Seminar Center – Building 100
7892 Highway 9,
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Introduction of guests.
4. Staff reports.
5. Consent Agenda:
All of the following items, which concern reports and items of a routine nature normally approved at a board meeting, will be approved by one board vote, unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration, and approval of the following items:
A. Agenda as part of the minutes
B. Minutes of special meeting held June 30, 2020
C. Financial reports as of June 30, 2020
D. Encumbrances and change orders
E. Adjunct Instructors
F. Professional services and agreement renewals for FY21
G. Clinical Agreements
H. Declaring equipment presented as surplus and giving Superintendent authority to dispose of in an economical manner.
6. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove Gold Star Performance stipend as presented.
7. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove salary schedule for school year 2020-2021 as presented.
8. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove giving Superintendent authority to approve the following for FY21:
A. Training Agreements with Employment Security Commission, Workforce Investment Act (WIA), Veterans Administration, Department of Human Services, Tribal Contracts, and Workforce Development
B. OJE/OJT Agreements
C. Business Development Center
D. Out-of-state travel per budget
9. Discussion and vote to approve/disapprove proposals for purchase of Distance Learning Lab equipment.
10. Vote to enter executive session to discuss the following:
A. Employment of TANF Coordinator/Employment Specialist/Instructor
B. Resignation of Career Specialist
11. Acknowledgement of return to open session.
12. Executive session compliance announcement.
13. Vote to approve/disapprove the following:
A. Employment of _________ as TANF Coordinator/Employment Specialist/Instructor
B. Resignation of Troy Gayle Walling as Career Specialist
14. Superintendent’s Update and discussion.
15. Election of Officers:
(a) President; (b) Vice President; (c) Clerk
16. Vote to Adjourn.
This agenda was posted by Robin Hinkley, Minutes Clerk, on the 9th day of July, 2020, on the Wes Watkins Technology Center website and notice of this meeting was given to the Hughes County Clerk on July 9, 2020.
NOTICE OF ASSISTANCE AT PUBLIC MEETINGS
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are required to contact Merida Tomb at 405-452-5500 so that appropriate arrangements can be made.